Anna Nicole Died Of Accidental Overdose, Medical Examiner Says There Were Numerous Prescription Drugs In Smith’s System – The ShowBuzz

Like I said over a month ago.  Nothing more than another junkie overdosing in a casino hotel.  Happens every day. 

Anna Nicole Died Of Accidental Overdose, Medical Examiner Says There Were Numerous Prescription Drugs In Smith’s System – The ShowBuzz

(CBS/AP) Former Playboy Playmate Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental overdose of a sleeping medication and other drugs after she was found unresponsive at a hotel Feb. 8, authorities said Monday.

Broward County Medical Examiner Joshua Perper said Smith died of “combined drug intoxication” with the sleeping medication chloral hydrate as the major factor. Smith was taking a lengthy list of other medications, including methadone for pain, he said.

Chloral hydrate is a sedative used to treat insomnia and alcohol withdrawal, relieve anxiety and ease post-surgery pain. Perper said Smith had been on several antidepressant and anti-anxiety drugs prior to her death.

“We found nothing to indicate any foul play,” said Chief Charlie Tiger of the Seminole police department. The case is officially closed, Tiger said.

Advertisements

1 Comment

  1. We’ve been talking about this over at Highbrid Nation. Anna Nicole’s life had so many ups and down. Imagine losing a son and gaining a daughter within day of one another. Not too surprised about the drugs thing though.


Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s